Vinyl flooring is nowleading the flooring market for almost a century, having been developed to replace the linoleum. Vinyl became the first resilient flooring material. Vinyl is especially the material of choice when it comes to the most moisture-laden places in your house like the kitchen and bathroom. Vinyl being water-resistant is also very easy to maintain.
Also, it is comparatively a much cheaper option and also requires less spending on frequent repairs. PVC or poly-vinyl chloride is a synthetic resin that can bind to the fibrous core to form composite vinyl flooring with a tough upper layer. Good thickness and a sturdy wear layer are what make for a long-lasting vinyl floor.
Flooring Domain is the best place available online for the people of Australia to connect themselves with suppliers of all sorts of flooring materials. Whether you require a carpet or you need a professional to install a hardwood floor in your house, this is the right place for you to connect with genuine suppliers and professionals working in the flooring industry in Australia.
Flooring Domain is also available for the USA marketplace. It is among the best flooring directories where you can find reliable specialists who can help you with all flooring-related problems, whether you are looking for a new floor installation or repair of an old one. Get connected to contractors quickly and receive extremely fast responses when you put up your requirements through this online flooring directory.
Types of vinyl flooring
- Composite tiles:
- A composite tile is composed of many layers of crushed limestone, some filler ingredients, color pigments, and thermoplastic binders.
- When these elements are fused, solid sheets are produced, which are then cut into the form of tiles.
- It still requires routine polishing and is thus, a little higher maintenance than other forms of vinyl flooring.
- Sheet vinyl:
- This type of flooring is formed from vinyl polymers laid down in continuous sheets.
- There is a digital film layer on its surface due to which many design patterns exist in the sheet form of vinyl flooring.
- It is also covered with a protective top layer which makes it resistant to damage. Thus, making this flooring an easy maintenance material.
- Its installation is comparatively more expensive than composite tiles, but the maintenance expenses are almost negligible.
- Luxury flooring:
- This one is gaining popularity recently.
- You can find luxury vinyl in the form of planks or tiles.
- PVC composites and limestone are mixed to create a material having a solid thickness.
- It is quite rigid but still maintains a limited degree of flexibility.
- It is quite cost-effective even though its initial expenses are much higher than the other two types of vinyl flooring.
Are you struggling with finding the right information regarding the flooring materials that you need to install in your house? If you feel vinyl is not what you are looking for, you can read numerous blogs written on Flooring Domain to get an elaborate knowledge about different flooring materials and which one is the best for your house.