Have you recently been involved in an auto accident in Oregon? In Oregon, there are currently about 4.1 million registered motor vehicles. As a result, large numbers of cars on our roads can, unfortunately, increase the likelihood of a serious car accident.
Auto accidents are notorious for causing several types of injuries. The range of bodily harm can fluctuate from mild to severe depending on the seriousness of the collision. In order to prevent these accidents, the State of Oregon has imposed a set of regulations that must be followed.
Common car accident injuries include head/body trauma, fractures in the body, punctures in soft tissues, and even death. Apart from these consequences, automobile accidents have the ability to take away your peace of mind. Why? Because in all seriousness, your injuries can indeed prevent you from complying with your daily obligations. In addition, you will be forced to pay exorbitant medical bills.
We understand that you may be feeling hopeless at this point. Nonetheless, we are delighted to tell you that there is a solution to these issues. As a victim, you are entitled to receive monetary compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial troubles. However, achieving this is not as straightforward as it may seem to be. Insurance companies and other parties involved in the car crash will try whatever it takes to deny at- fault liability of the crash in hopes of not compensating you correctly.
These complex legal issues require the assistance of an Oregon car accident lawyer. Hiring one of these injury attorneys will be one of the best decisions that you will ever make. We would like you to keep reading this article so that you can learn the benefits of having a car injury lawyer on your side. We will also divulge information about the most common causes of auto-mobile crashes, and the legal parameters of these incidents in the State of Oregon.
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Speeding is perhaps the leading cause of auto-mobile crashes not only in Oregon but also within the United States. In order to prevent car accidents, the State of Oregon has imposed a series of traffic laws that set a desired and safe speed limit to drive in. For example, individuals must drive 15 miles per hour in alleyways and residential areas. In comparison, the speed limit in most state highways is 55 miles per hour.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and other illegal substances can significantly increase the likelihood of a car accident. According to the World Health Organization, the risk of a fatal crash among people who have used amphetamines is about five times higher in comparison to someone that has not.
- Utilizing cell phones while driving interferes with drivers’ reaction time.
Legal Parameters of Auto Accidents in Oregon
To achieve a proper amount of compensation, it is imperative to prove that the crash was provoked by someone else’s recklessness. For this reason, it is crucial to gather any proof that gives evidence of that. Additionally, Oregon possesses a set of guidelines that must be followed and may affect the amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
- Statute of Limitations: This mandate establishes the time limit that people have to file their injury claim. In Oregon, car accident victims must file their lawsuit within two years of the date of the incident. However, if someone died in the accident, individuals will be given three years to file their lawsuit for a wrongful death suit.
- Comparative Negligence Law: Oregon follows a “modified comparative negligence law”. This means that you can still recover damages if you were partially culpable for the accident. Nonetheless, your award will be reduced according to your percentage of fault. For example, if you were 20% liable for the crash after the investigation, a $100,000 compensation will end up being a total of $80,000.
Advantages of Hiring an Oregon Car Accident Lawyer for Your Case
- Car accident lawyers are experts in state and road traffic laws. In addition, they are knowledgeable on the legal framework of personal injury accidents. Rest assured that these injury attorneys will guide you through the entire process of attaining compensation.
- As we mentioned before, insurers may intend to undermine your claim and deny the fault of the other party. They may also approach you with low offers that will counter these unfair practices by correctly calculating the value of your injuries. Doing so, will allow you to receive a fair amount of compensation.
- As we mentioned before, gathering evidence is a vital step towards receiving the compensation you are entitled to receive. Car accident attorneys work alongside private investigators who can seek evidence such as police reports, street camera footage, and eyewitness testimonies.
- Several auto-accident lawyers work on contingency fees. These fees are a percentage of the recovered damages by the victim. However, if your case is not settled, these injury attorneys will not cost you a single dime.
- Your auto accident attorney can negotiate with the party at fault’s insurance representatives. Meanwhile, all you will have to focus on will be getting back to full health.
Contact an Oregon Car Accident Lawyer Right Now!
This information was brought to you by the best law firm in Oregon. We hope that you are now more knowledgeable about the benefits of hiring an Oregon auto accident attorney. The main takeaway from this article is that as a victim, you deserve justice for all of your damages.
By hiring a car accident lawyer, you will have someone that “has your back” throughout the entire process of obtaining fair compensation. The solution is in your hands. Call a legal expert right away!