SRM Institute of Science and Technology invites students to seek admission for their Science and Technology courses through their very own Joint Entrance Examination. Students who qualify can get admission in either of the campuses of SRM IST Chennai (in Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani, and NCR), SRM University in Sonepat, Haryana, as well as SRM University in Andhra Pradesh. The SRMJEEE 2021 Application Form was released on the 12th December 2020, and the process is ongoing.
|Expected Events||Dates 2021|
|SRMJEEE 2021 Application Form Goes Online||12th December 2020|
|Last date for submission of online applications||31st March 2021|
|Application correction window||Last week of March 2021|
|Release of admit cards||1st week of April 2021|
|SRMJEEE 2021 exam||1st or 2nd week of April 2021|
|Expected Declaration of result||4th week of April 2021|
|Counselling window||1st or 2nd week of May 2021|
- Candidates must be a resident of India, or an NRI/ PIO/ OCI.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age as of 31st July 2021. The upper age limit remains 21 years.
- Candidates must have successfully passed their 10+2 class examination from any recognized board.
- Those that are appearing in 12th boards can also apply.
- Finally, candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects.
- Candidates who take up SRMJEEE Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible for admission to all B.Tech Courses, whereas those who chose Biology instead of Mathematics are eligible for Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, and Genetic engineering programs.
SRMJEE 2021 Syllabus
The SRMJEE 2021 Syllabus is based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology of 12th standard boards. The topics are mentioned below:
- Physics – Units and Measurement, Heat and Thermodynamics, Rays and Wave Optics, Electronics and communication, Electricity, Dual nature of Matter, Gravitation, Nuclear physics, Atomic Physics and Relativity, Oscillation and Wave Motion, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Mechanics.
- Chemistry – Atomic structure, Chemical families, Chemical bonding, States of Matter, Chemical equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics and energetics, Solutions, Some basic principles of Organic chemistry, Surface chemistry, catalysis, chemical kinetics and nuclear chemistry, Electrochemistry, Hydrocarbons, Biomolecules, Polymers, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Organic compounds containing oxygen, Characterization and Purification of organic compounds.
- Mathematics – Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Algebra – Binomial theorem and its Applications, Sequences and Series, Combinatorics, Statistics and Probability – Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Probability, Vector algebra, Integral calculus and differential equations of the first order, Differential Calculus and its applications, Matrices, determinants and their applications, Sets, relations and functions, Analytical geometry.
- Biology – Biology is divided into two parts – Botany and Zoology. Botany – Plant anatomy, Plant physiology, Taxonomy of angiosperm, Cell biology and genetics, Biotechnology, Biology in human welfare. Zoology – Microbiology, Applied biology, Environmental science, Immunology, Theories of evolution, Modern genetics and animal biotechnology, Human physiology.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted online through (CBT) mode. It is a two- and half-hour exam, with multiple-choice questions. The question paper will be in the English language alone. A total of 315 marks is to be evaluated. There are 3 marks for each correct answer, and no negative marking is awarded for wrong answers.
The pattern is as follows:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
- The SRMJEEE 2021 Application Form is completely online, there is no offline option.
- Be ready with the usual documents, such as a scanned copy of a passport-sized photo and signature in the mentioned size and format.
- Candidates are required to fill in educational and personal details.
- The form fees are ₹1100/- for all categories of students, and the successful application will only be considered on the payment of said fees. The payment can be made through debit/credit card online, or through demand draft as mentioned.
- In the end, candidates must take a print out of the completed application form.